Conservation and Photography Rules
- Each entrant needs to have their own underwater photography equipment.
- Each entrant needs to submit a photo of themselves.
- Photographers can only submit photos taken by themselves, taken during the contest dates at the contest sites.
- Entries must be saved in JPEG format, saved at maximum quality(size, width, height) and sRGB color space.
- All of submitted images must contain EXIF data (recorded by the camera).
- Images may be optimized (i.e. adjusted while maintaining the integrity of the image), but not altered such that an image does not reflect the actual subject matter. Photographers can only perform basic toning, cropping and minimal spotting of images.
- Acceptable Photoshop actions are: Rotate, Crop(not more then 10%), Sharpen, Curves or levels, Saturate (up to 10%).
- On the evidence of software analysis, any photograph that is discovered to have been falsified or substantially altered will also be disqualified.
- All images need to have been taken underwater.
Conservation Rules established by EPIC®. Conservation rules will apply to all entries, and decisions will be final. Entries suspected of exhibiting the following behavior will be disqualified:
Marine animals should never be stressed or endangered for the sake of a photo. Entries will first be screened by our judges. Entries exhibiting the following behavior will be placed out of contest.
- Divers visibly damaging the environment (e.g. gear dragging or kicking up sand).
- Animals with signs of stress (e.g. puffed puffers, inking octopus, animals in nets, cages or hooked on a line).
- Animals moved to an unnatural environment or risky location.
- Animals being fed artificial food from divers No feeding fish .
- Delicate marine life being touched (e.g. coral polyps, seahorse tails). Marine life interaction has been (and always will be) good u/w photo subject matter but only when the marine life is not endangered e.g. holding a turtle.
- Divers need to exhibit good buoyancy control to protect the marine environment and to minimize silt. Suggestions on weighting and trim techniques will be offered by the staff.
- Photo contest staff and judges are not allowed to enter the contest.
Note: Prizes are non-transferable (except cash); no prize substitution or cash redemption allowed as provided herein. Prizes are non-refundable and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Ownership and copyright of all entries remain with the photographer. Underwater.kr & our media partner reserves the right to publish entered photos without compensation for promotional purposes only, including, but not limited to publication on Underwater.kr websites and magazine for future contest promotion.
- All photographs used by Underwater.kr must include the photographers copyright information.